Δευτέρα 22 Σεπτεμβρίου 2008

Collosus Infant of Shit and Tar


Since I can't ask for forgiveness, or shake my head with sympathy,/ I wear the skin of cement and pretend I'm invulnerable,/ in my daily routine, in my daily muder/
Who would have guessed, from the stares of the martyrs/ (pagans, in a world of statues)/ to the grins of those who starved to death/ (from lack of communication)/ that death itself would be so meaningless/ when realizing that your breath is not yours/ from the first place/
All my lies/ are floating in front of my eyes/ like thrones around the Father
All my memories/ hanging from the ceiling/ like a hermaphrodite Jupiter/ (dressed as a bride)
So now I realize/ what we build, is what we leave behind/ but what we leave behind/ sometimes/is constructed from a palm far wider than ours/ taming our will to breathe/
A COLLOSUS/ WITH THE BODY OF THE INFINITE INFANT/
RIDING A MAKARA OF CABLES, STOLEN SWEAT AND SUBURBAN PROMISES
/(OF SELF-RESPECT)/
THE SHIT COVERING HIS BODY/ IS YOU AND ME/ AND OUR ANCESTORS/
THE TAR IN HIS EYES/ IS OUR INABILITY/ TO FEEL EACH OTHER
A COLLOSUS/ WITH THE BODY OF AN INFINITE INFANT/
IS WHAT WE BUILT/ FROM YEARS OF ABUSE/ AND BROKEN PROMISES
HOPE YOU'RE NOT SATISFIED WITH IT/
'CAUSE I'M NOT

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: